Updated host server to newest reasonable PHP (7.3) and broke a bunch of stuff. Disabled comments since no-one uses them. Disabled internal logging because of Google Analytics. Updated SimplePie to v1.5 because it fixes lots of warnings I was hacking through otherwise. Seems to be working again.
Made the examples page
more accessible and integrated it with the widget builder a little.
I finally added support for PNG and GIF files. I had to update to php5 and the newest SimplePie
(the RSS Parser behind this project). imgur feeds are supported.
Check out the new Widget Builder
, which helps create widgets by offering an easy interface for adding PFD options to a feed.
I just added the option to specify border size and color. See the About the Widget
page for details.
Use this widget? Love it?
Thanks for stopping by the Photo Feed Display site. The Widget will allow you to easily display thumbnails from any well-formed photo feed (RSS/Atom). You can test your feed
or view some of the demo feeds below.
When you are ready, click 'Get the Widget' to see the implementation options and the code needed to start using the widget yourself.
The Photo Feed Display project is being actively developed and we try to read and respond to all comments promptly.
Each feed below is displayed using the Photo Feed Display Widget and some of the available options.
» remove 'completed' updates
- [Completed | 2010.04.16] Add 'Submit Your Feed' option
- [Completed | 2010.04.16] Add 'Comment' option
- [Completed | 2010.05.09] Add RSS, Atom, SimplePie, Flickr, Picasa, ZenPhoto, Plogger, Gallery, and other related icons somewhere on page.
- [Completed | 2010.05.014] Create a 'showcase' to display pages where an implementation of the Photo Feed Display.
- [Completed | 2010.05.19] Create a more proper 'return' for PHP coders. I'd like to return an array of photos/links/titles or something which people could use to display the photos how they'd like instead of limiting them to the way I had in mind. I ended up having to implement this a little differently: basically, the source code I use was modularized so that I could offer it as an include file with a function that makes a dummy call to the widget (to create the thumbs, in case they don't exist) then replicates the thumb naming scheme used on the server. That way, you get an array with photo information and source image information without having to host them yourself; and get the versatility of doing whatever you want with them.
- [Completed | 2010.05.19] Added the option to add padding or spacing between images in the HTML Widget. See 'Get the Widget' for implementation details.
- [Completed | 2010.06.20] Modified standard display to play more nicely with html widget (iframes); transparency was not specifically set in IE and it needs to be. Now, the 'calling' page background should show through in IE.
- [Completed | 2010.07.20] Implement the ability to 'reply' (respond to) in the comments section -- this will be via a recursive comment display function.
- [Completed | 2010.07.22] Added the option to remove links or open link in new tab/window. See 'Get the Widget' for implementation details.
- [Completed | 2010.11.25] Completed the 'Advanced PHP' widget implementation. This allows for the most versatile usage of the Photo Feed Display.
- [Completed | 2011.01.05] Add the option to browse thumbnails (by filename or by image) and check for ones that are over two months old. The identified thumbs can then be removed by click-affirmation. This hasn't been automated yet, but could be. Additionally, the cache may also need to cleared periodically.
- [Completed | 2012.10.26] Add option for displaying and sizing a border for the images, and changing the color.
- [Completed | 2012.10.27] Create 'Embed Code Generator' -- allowing easy selection of available options and outputting the proper embed code (see the Widget Builder page for details.
- Add a check for pictures and skip 'items' which do not contain them (instead of displaying a broken image, as is currently done. This will allow the code to work for mixed Feeds containing items with and without pictures to display properly.
- [Completed | 2013.08.03]Add support for png and gif files
- [Completed | 2013.08.03]Update to php 5.4 (6)
- [Completed | 2013.08.03]Update to SimplePie 1.3
- No Updates Planned. Add a comment if you think I should add a feature.
Comments removed with the update to php 7.3 until I update the source code.» Add Comment